Project Manager/Business Analyst/Program Management- Regulatory Reform & Remediation
The Program and Execution Management division of this major Investment Bank provides consultancy services to internal clients across Global Banking and Capital Markets. The team addresses the demand for resources with business consultancy skills, transformation skills and expert project/program management capabilities.
The candidate will have a good knowledge of asset classes and business functions across Global Banking and Capital Markets but will be engaged for their change skills rather than their subject matter expertise. This individual will be responsible for an array of Regulatory driven change the bank initiatives including remaining Dodd Frank (DFA) to Remediation as well as completion of Volcker.
In this role, the Project Manager/Business Analyst will lead and direct multiple ongoing as well as new projects. Projects will encompass full front to back processes of Global Capital Markets (FX, Fixed income, Derivatives etc) and can have scope within all functional areas of the Global Capital Markets business (Front Office, Operations, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Finance, etc). Expertise in Dodd Frank Title VII and related regulations is desired. Specific knowledge of Front to Back trade lifecycles within the Global Banking environment would be advantageous. The successful candidates will be able to manage multiple project implementations and have strong management facing presentation skills. Senior candidates must be able to work on their own and have a proven track record of project delivery in the Markets space. Minimum 8-10 years experience.
Ideal knowledge would have extensive Regulatory and broad Capital Market experience affecting the broker dealer community. That said, there’s a myriad of Regulatory Reform and Change the Bank/Build the Bank initiatives that are driven by the Head of Capital Markets that represent many years of very interesting and challenging deliverables.
This Project Manager/Business Analyst must be able to take on the following responsibilities on medium to large change initiatives with senior management level sponsorship:
• Build ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with internal customers to understand their objectives and advise them on how Project and Program Management could help and write clear and concise Business Requirement Documents.
• Understand and manage program client/stakeholders’ requirements and expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Full responsibility and accountable for the deliverables set out by the customer.
• Monitor progress to ensure project/program objectives are delivered on time and within budget, and business results are realized.
• Set the overall vision and direction for the associated project/program teams.
• Co-ordinate delivery timelines across selected business and IT tasks/projects, managing inter-dependencies and delivery milestones as appropriate.
• Manage project resources through execution of the project plan and escalate any issues.
• Ensure a project/program governance process is established and act as the primary point of contact for the program sponsor and stakeholders.
• Oversee the establishment of the project/program performance metrics and reporting process, ensuring sponsors receive the right information at the right time regarding project/program performance.
• Contain and resolve issues within the project/program, and be the final point of approval for contingency plans and scope changes.
• Determine the impact of any project/program changes on the business case, and re-forecast benefits.
• Establish a quality assurance process for the project/program and participate in the review process.
• As required, develop relationships with third party suppliers, negotiate contracts in partnership with Group Purchasing and managing project dependencies on third parties.
• Contribute to the performance of the Project and Portfolio Management team by supporting other team members in assignments and increasing the team knowledge
• Lengthy experience in Regulatory Reform (Dodd-Frank desirable)
• Strong leadership and matrix management skills
• Relationship management and networking skills
• Outstanding business judgment and capacity to consult on and satisfy business needs
• Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Meticulous, pays attention to detail and delivery focused
• Committed and self- motivated with the ability to use own initiative
• Strong customer focus with a drive to deliver high standards of service
• Proven experience managing multiple projects
• Planning, time management and resource management skills
• Able to budget, track and control expenditure
• Proven experience in managing significant risks and problem resolution
• Good understanding and working knowledge of the project lifecycle, tools and methodologies
• Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
• Solid understanding of the Front to back Trade flow-point of execution to point of expiry
• Experienced in project management and people management
• Proven experience in a consulting or project management environment with in-depth specialization in project delivery and management
• Good presentation, planning and organizational skills
• Experience leading cross functional and global teams in successful delivery of large strategic change initiatives.
• Ability to navigate this organization to successfully achieve strategic change agenda
Experience within Compliance or Legal departments preferred