Production Support Specialist
The small technology team currently supports the global equity order generation and equity trading business using a series of in-house and vendor applications. The major software package used to run the trading application is the Fidessa LatentZero Capstone suite, of which the Minerva and Tesseract components are being utilized. In addition to Fidessa LatentZero, the position will include working with BPM products from Tibco (ActiveMatrix, BusinessWorks) in an event driven, message based environment.
The opening will involve supporting the existing business lines, as well as developing solutions to solve evolving business needs.
Working at this major Asset Management firm will present the candidate with exposure to a dynamic business environment across multiple asset classes, including (equities, options, futures, CFD’s, TRS’s, currency hedging…). The successful candidate will be offered exposure to end-to-end software development and procurement. Full development life cycle projects will include everything from specifications and requirements gathering, software design/architecture, development, testing, documentation, deployment and support. In addition to developing in house software solutions, the candidate will acquire expert knowledge of trading applications, and be expected to contribute to configuration updates and maintenance, as well as deploying new module functionality.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working with financial services firm in a technology capacity. Beneficial skills would include any exposure to front office applications, including buy-side Order Management Systems (LatentZero, Charles River, EZECastle, LineData…), and a knowledge of the equity trading workflows. We require self-motivated candidates, with excellent problem solving skills who can quickly adapt to working in a fast paced business environment. The preferred candidate will also have a history of providing value-add technology solutions to business problems.
• As part of the trading systems team, configure and support the LatentZero portfolio management and trading system for global locations
• Provide level 1 support to existing global business workflows in a 24 / 6 trading and portfolio management environment (users include portfolio managers, portfolio implementers, traders, support staff)
• Understand capabilities and limitations of technical components, including messaging, relational databases, scripting (ksh / perl), XML
• Prepare and perform test scenarios of new versions of the LatentZero software prior to deployment. Document and resolve issues with vendor.
• Work with closely with end business users to understand business needs and issues
• Plan / design / develop / document / test / deploy / support new features and modules of the LatentZero application
• Be part of a collaborative team environment
• Experience working a financial services firm in a technology capacity (5 yrs)
• SQL – Oracle, Sybase preferred
• Experience writing and debugging stored procedures and scripts
• Familiarity with job scheduling tools running in a production environment (Autosys, OpsWise)
• UNIX shell, and shell scripting
• Ability to read and debug existing perl scripts
• Exposure to Electronic trading (FIX4.2), algorithmic trading, EMS solutions, ATS (Liquidnet, BIDS)
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to engage and work closely with technology teammates as well as business users
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical and structured approach to problem solving
• Experience and comfortable working in a high pressure environment
Contact: Bill@wrrosato.com 732-380-1555