Middle Office Operations and IT specialist
HSBC has a large Flagship program which has need for an Operation Business Analyst to work in its Global Markets Division.
The program’s objectives to identify opportunities and cost structure optimization options along the following areas:
1. Financials (revenue, operational front to back cost including potential novation costs, tax considerations.
2. Financial resources – impacts to PRA RWAs & local RWAs, stress testing, leverage and funding
3. Non-Financial – regulatory, operational, legal, technology and infrastructure
4. Client documentation, coverage and product usage.
Job Description – General
The principal responsibility of the Business Analyst is to lead and execute analysis activity for one or more streams in the Global Market Operations programs. They will be in situated the Global Market Operations Division in Jersey City & New York / London
It is highly probable that the Business Analyst will work on multiple streams simultaneously for the program as it is split into 4 sub streams.
• Operational Readiness
• Client Migration : Onboarding
• Transaction Migration : Novation
• Systems & Process Review
Market Operations Business Analyst should have detailed Fixed Income securities & Derivatives knowledge and detailed understanding of client on-boarding and what steps are typically followed to ensure a client is “ready to trade”. The Market Operations Business Analyst will need to assist with the impact analysis, ongoing requirements and test coordination on Market Operations Systems and Processes.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Managing the capture, analysis and documentation of business process (including IT processes)
• Designing solutions or change interventions
• Manage and deliver change management activities pertinent to the respective subgroup.
• Process mapping, capturing low level details and convey them back to stakeholders in process/activity map format, including systems and end user activities.
• Tracking and documenting progress and managing status reporting for their respective sub group activity
• Managing implementation of solutions, ensuring stakeholder awareness & approval.
• Risk identification, risk reporting and devising interventions to mitigating risks
• Management of external service providers (if needed)
• Strong understanding of Fixed Income Derivatives & Fixed Income Securities.
• Communicating with and gathering requirements directly from the WG participants and disseminating those into plans & actions.
• Using/delivering change to post execution (Ops) systems and the target transactions.
• Proven experience working either in a Fixed Income Middle Office line role or delivering change for a Fixed Income Middle Office.
• Proven experience working in either a client onboarding role or delivering change for a client onboarding team.
• Understanding of the front to back flow for Fixed Income Derivatives, Fixed Income Securities.
• Understanding of the front to back on-boarding process for clients.
Role is to start as soon as possible.