The FX eDistribution team is a key part of the wider eFX department and is responsible for visual channels and their supporting technology. The team maintains and extends a suite of HTML5 and Java-based eCommerce applications used both internally by FX Sales and externally by the banks Customers.
The successful candidate undertaking this role will join the team as a developer and will work with other team-members to design, develop, test and release the various HTML5 and Java (server side).
As a developer, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties with a high level of competence:
• Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
• Fully browser test any implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
• Forward thinking for other devices and required accessibility.
• Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture
• Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
• Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
• Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
• Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through to release to production and support. We work in small iterative cycles and typically release software daily to production.
• Everyone in our team releases code to production, everyone in our team raises production change requests, everyone in our team does production support. Everyone.
• Participate in intra-day and overnight Support.
• Demonstrable experience of Continuous Delivery software development methods, including TDD and automated testing (including non-functional testing).
• Java server-side development experience is essential.
• The successful candidate Is likely to have worked with these technologies as a minimum:
o Java 8, Maven, AngularJS, React, RequireJS, gulp, grunt, less
• Experience of SQL and relational databases is essential and experience of Sybase is advantageous.
• Experience of working in Unix environments is essential.
• Experience of REST services is advantageous.
NON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
• How to write Technical documentation
• How to liaise effectively with users – in this role this will be with sales, traders and quants.
• Experience of working in a front-office environment in an investment bank is advantageous•
• Front Office development team in Large Investment Bank, supporting global trading desk
• A background of solid architectural work
• Spot / FWD / NDF FX market conventions•
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work comfortably both within a team and independently as required
• A flexible approach to delivery responsibility
We are changing how software development is done within a bank, and with success.
To give you an idea of what we’ve done in the last year or so here is just one statistic – the number of releases to production:
• 2015 – around 30
• 2016 – over 620
• 2017 – over 5000
• 2018 – over 10,000
• 2019 – over 15,000
• 2020 YTD – over 23,000