Our client is one of the largest Fixed Income Investment Management firms globally, managing assets for institutional, retail and affiliated clients worldwide, with headquarters in the United States (New Jersey) and offices in London, Ireland, Tokyo and Singapore.
The Program Management/PMO position within Fixed Income is responsible for Program Management activities in the US, Ireland and Japan.
Those responsibilities include actively managing programs which span multiple business units, authoring standards for systems design, development and project management and generating IT PMO metrics and reporting. The position reports to the Head of Information Systems for the Fixed Income business.
Job responsibilities include:
• Leading large scale IT initiatives within the systems team globally
• Consult with senior management in the analysis and execution of business plans
• Leading change within the IS department to improve workflows and effectiveness
• Partner with IT vendors to influence product roadmaps to provide us with competitive advantage using best practices and trends
• Maintain relationships with other business partners, vendors and professional organizations
• Lead efforts to adopt SCRUM, Agile methods and tools across the IS department globally
• Support staff in solving problems and incorporating new processes and technology to support the business
• Maintain a well-controlled and resilient technology environment, including the identification and management of IT risks in coordination with company policies and IT governance standards
• Generation of IT PMO metrics used to manage and report on projects, budget, spend and IT delivery effectiveness
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and partnering skills
• 10+ years’ experience as a Program/Project Manager in Fixed Income Asset Management application delivery
• 5+ years’ experience managing large scale ($5mm+ budget), cross business unit programs of IT work
• 3+ years’ experience in SCRUM/ Agile teams
• Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree or CFA a plus
• Demonstrated experience managing an application development team
• In depth knowledge and experience with Fixed Income instruments, including derivatives, foreign exchange, MBS, structured securities and syndicated bank loans. Additional knowledge of equity systems and markets a plus.
• Strong diagnostic, analytic and problem-solving skills
• Experience generating IT PMO reporting and metrics for an executive audience
• Proven project management and change management experience
• Demonstrated ability to work with senior management on strategic initiatives and on-going business support
• Excellent organization, communication, collaboration and time management skills
Program Manager traits;
Sample of Programs;
Lay foundation for the deployment of SharePoint and Jira
Examine/affect change from Sybase to SQL Server
Symphony for messaging
Blockchain down the road