Director of IT Operations
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a geographically dispersed team delivering on two pillars of success: Automated Client Service Delivery and Global Service Operations. You will be successful by attaining a high level of customer satisfaction on both the Delivery and Operate fronts through effective management, excellent communication, and consistent delivery and operational excellence.
The ideal candidate has strong infrastructure delivery and operations management experience, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams, and a sound understanding of the technologies we support: global telecommunications, Information Security, Co-location & Cloud hosting, Hardware and Software Systems, and Financial Market connectivity.
• Implement and provide feedback to the Chief Technology Officer on the strategic direction of the IT Operations organization.
• Ensure ITIL delivery and operational procedures and practices are well-defined, documented, and consistently applied (with a particular focus on Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management disciplines).
• Effectively represent the firm with stakeholders building and deepening relationships and through first class service, enhance client satisfaction levels.
• Develop and provide the strategic direction of the Service Operations and Service Delivery organizations as it relates to the global build out and team expansion
• Ensure operational and delivery procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
• Design and deliver both physical and logical infrastructure as well support and service solutions for IaaS customers consistent with Industry best practices
• Create and monitor the effectiveness of the teams against KPI’s, driving change as needed to deliver continual improvement
• Foster a culture of excellence in the team with a focus on collaboration, ownership, and communication for resolving and preventing customer issues
• Identify and implement change as needed within the team to ensure it can take on new infrastructure and connectivity delivery as well as new service offerings
• Work closely with the Sales Engineering, Client Engineering, and Advanced Engineering managers to ensure new infrastructure and connectivity are built and new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover / transition into production services
• Foster open communication between global teams as well as managers to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver a more effective service
• Ensure our global delivery and service operations teams are skilled, trained, and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support
• Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and stakeholders
• Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all infrastructure, connectivity builds, and service agreements
• Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement
• Take responsibility for customer escalations, and ensure that company leadership is well informed
• Drive a continual service improvement program based on a desire to become a world class IT Services Organization
• Provide mentorship to team members and act as a guide, provide support, as well as source of information for newly appointment staff
• Effectively select, lead, motivate and manage the global team continuously maximizing the impact of budgeted resources and employee engagement by:
o Clearly defining roles and responsibilities
o Encouraging ownership and transparency
o Ensuring effective communication throughout the team
o Effective on-going performance management
o Building and enhancing a culture of on-going learning and development across the team (effective upskilling, removing key knowledge dependency etc.)
Required Skills & Experience
• Have 10+ years of experience in a Technical Operations organization
• Have 10+ years of experience in a Technical Delivery organization
• Have 10+ years of global management experience across both of the above disciplines
• Have 10+ years of global management experience managing ITIL-driven teams across both of the above disciplines.
• Possess excellent knowledge of IT systems and tools, including but not limited to tools used to manage physical and logical infrastructure, automation tools to configure infrastructure, and operational tools to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues across various network and platform solutions.
• Exhibit solid project management and information acquisition skills
• Display integrity and honesty in all that you do
• Provide strategic management for IT services
• Promote collaboration and Teamwork
• Have solid leadership and people management skills
• Identify opportunities for efficiency, cost reduction and continuous improvement
• Have excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills
• Have solid technical understanding of Networking and Hosting technologies and solutions
• Possess a good level of commercial acumen
• Be passionate about delivering exceptional service